The student news site of San Jacinto College

San Jacinto Times

San Jacinto Times

San Jacinto Times

Pasadena Parks and Recreation Halloween Events

Pasadena Parks and Recreation will host the Music & Movie event October 21, 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and a Monster Mash on October 28, 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m.
“Come listen to the Pasadena Philharmonic Orchestra play video game themed music, followed by a showing of the Mario Bros. Movie on the big screen! This event will also have a free gaming truck, free face painting, free balloon animals, and food trucks for food purchases. Bring your own chairs. This event is intended to be a family friendly event that engages all ages with exciting sights and sounds,” says Brandon Torres, Recreation Superintendent from Pasadena Parks & Recreation.

Early Entry for people with special needs will be at 11:00 A.M. Monster Mash will be held at the PAL Gymnasium, located at 2910 Southmore, Pasadena, Texas. The Music & Movie event will take place at Strawberry Park, located at 1114 Parkside Drive, Pasadena, Texas.
“We are encouraging families with children of all ages to dress up and come out for a spooktacular time! You do not want to miss out on this Halloween celebration,” says Amanda Moreno, Recreation Specialist from Pasadena Parks & Recreation.

The events will offer free face painting, free balloon twisting, and a free video game truck will also be available. For food purchases, Pasadena Market food vendors will be present.
The Pasadena Philharmonic Orchestra will perform music as part of its annual Music and Movie event, which will also feature a screening of the Mario Bros. Movie. The Monster Mash is a gathering where numerous little carnival-style activities are played with sweets as rewards. Carnival activities and some fresh, entertaining challenges are included at this event for families. The entire event will also feature a costume contest.
Ages 2 to 16 years old are eligible for the Monster Mash.

“The most interesting aspects of event planning are the months of preparations, collaboration between staff, vendors, and partners,” says Michelle N. Blunt, Marketing Specialist from Pasadena Parks & Recreation.
Both events create a welcoming atmosphere and are accessible to everyone in the area.
For more information about Parks and Recreation Events, visit www.pasadenatx.gov/parksandrec or find the Parks and Recreation on Facebook and Instagram.