The student news site of San Jacinto College

San Jacinto Times

San Jacinto Times

San Jacinto Times

The San Jacinto College Marketplace

Getty Images
Small mixed race group of people working in charitable foundation

The North, South, and Central campuses of San Jacinto College have San Jacinto campuses provides a food market and coat rack for students and staff.
“SEAS is under Student Support Services which aims to provide support for students in various areas to help them achieve their goals,” says Ajah Davis, Sr. Administrative Assistant for Student Engagement & Support at San Jacinto College – North Campus.
The Marketplace is in partnership with the Houston Food Bank and promoted by the SEA program. This allows for San Jacinto students and staff to access up to 30 pounds of groceries each week. Resources can be provided once the student or staff member fills out a quick application, then they can proceed to shop.
The Student Engagement and Support Office is in N12. room 104 at the North campus. For the Central campus, it is C14. room 100 and South campus at S11. room 115.
“Students are also able to utilize the coat rack where we offer lightly used winter wear, such as jackets, scarves, and gloves. The coat rack is free for all students and staff, and we are also always accepting donations,” says Davis.
Donations can be received by either the Marketplace or the Student Engagement Office.
“If students would like to donate to the coat rack, then they may bring sweaters and lightly used winter wear to the Student Engagement office. The Marketplace is also always in need of toiletries, school supplies, and shelf-stable food items,” says Davis.
The Marketplace have weekly hours of operations Tuesday, 1 p.m. to 5:30 pm, Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. For the coat rack, students may visit the Student Engagement Office Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, please visit the Food and Clothing Assistance page on the San Jacinto College page. https://www.sanjac.edu/support/personal-support/food-clothing. or email [email protected]